Yesterday Nicola Sturgeon gave her First Minister’s briefing, and it can feel like we’re living in a 3-week cycle at the moment, waiting for the latest updates about what we can and cannot do.
- The weekly rhythms of Sunday and midweek worship?
- Daily rhythms of time in prayer and with God?
- Weekly rhythms of meeting with our small groups?
- Regular check-in phone calls with someone you love but cannot see?
- Daily trips out to exercise and be thankful for fresh air?
- joining a small group (or forming your own prayer triplet!) to keep some Christian community in your life
- making weekly worship a non-negotiable which grounds you afresh in God’s presence
- finding moments each day to be still in prayer and in God’s word (I’m finding the Lectio365 App very helpful)
In the 10 days in the run up to Pentecost and the launch of our online Alpha the challenge is to join with the church around the world and pray for 5 friends to come to faith in Jesus Christ. There is a prayer journal and also the chance to help light up the world by adding your light to the map to show that you are praying.
Alpha Online commencing on Sunday, 31st May from 8.00-9.15pm.
Please register your place with NMBC Office – firstname.lastname@example.org